Sunday 1 June 2008

Corrie actor gets hit with handbags

'Coronation Street' actor Jack P Shepherd has revealed that he often gets attacked by women on the streets because he plays a bad-boy.
The 20-year-old actor, who plays the scheming David Platt in the soap, told The Sun that people frequently react badly to him.
Shepherd said: "It's always the little old ladies who have a go at me."
"Younger people think David is great but the grannies attack me with their handbags. What is it with grannies and their handbags?"
Shepherd also revealed that young children tend to be scared of him when they meet him.
"I scare children, too. They've been known to burst into tears just at the sight of me."
Referring to his upcoming storyline in the soap, where he pushes his mother Gail down a stairs, he said: "I know I'll get more of that next week. They want to know why I'm so awful to my mum so these scenes will really get them going."
"I get a lot of reaction from all sorts of people when I'm out and about but it's generally in good humour so it doesn't bother me."